Amanda trained with the Holos Massage School and attained the Massage Training Institute (M.T.I.) Certificate in Holistic Massage, Anatomy, and Physiology in 1999. Following this she trained in Indian Head Massage. Amanda is a registered practitioner of The Massage Training Institute and holds full liability insurance.
What is Holistic Massage?
The definition of ‘holistic’ comes from the Greek word ‘holos’ meaning ‘whole’.
To be touched and nurtured is a fundamental need in us all. Appropriate touch sends us comforting and soothing messages. It makes us feel safe and can help to relax us. Holistic Massage can bring positive effects to the body, mind and spirit of a person.
Our bodies act as storage vessels remembering emotional and physical ‘distresses’. These may manifest as aches and pains, depression, tiredness, anxiety and stress to name but a few ills. As individuals our needs differ at different times in our lives, depending on physical health and state of mind. If we ‘feel’ out of balance, massage may help to bring about a sense of equilibrium.
Potential benefits of regular Holistic Massage:
- Pain relief
- Renews energy
- Promotes wellbeing
- Eases digestive problems
- Reduces the effects of stress
- Relief from muscular tension and stiffness
- Increased elimination of toxins from the body
- Stimulates the circulatory system
- Gives relief from the symptoms of pre-menstrual tension
- Can be invigorating and renew depleted energy
- Enriches the skin through the use of massage oils
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to work more efficiently
- Can help with sleeping difficulties
- Offers a valuable opportunity to take care of oneself
- Relieves headaches and migraines
Fees for Holistic Massage:
- Full price: £45.00 – 1hr
- Concessions: £35.00 -1hr
Fees for Indian Head Massage:
- 15 minutes – £15.00
- 30 minutes – £30.00
- 45 minutes – £40.00
To book a session or for further information please use the CONTACT form.
*Please note cancellations for all body therapies incur the full fee unless 24hrs notice is given
*You are advised to seek consent from your Doctor if you have a medical condition or injury prior to beginning a course of massage treatment